Monday, June 12, 2006

Count it down

Two weeks from today I imagine I’ll be waking up and feeling a little wrecked. The post race soreness and stiffness should be all there as well as I slight headache from the over indulgence that will have followed the post-race party. Of course this is all speculation, but a guy can hope can’t he? The remainder of the day might be followed with some sight seeing in Philly before packing things up and catching our flight back to MN. I guess I’m just starting to get amped for my first tri of the year and the traveling and racing with my TNT crew. Less then two weeks to go so everyone should book those last minute flights to Philly because it is going to be a weekend for the books.

Before all the fun and hoopla takes place in Philly there is still plenty going on here in MN. Yesterday we had another mock tri with another good turnout. I was a bit slower yesterday then on Wednesday, but there could have been a number of reasons for that. The chilly weather, having to stop longer for stoplights, or the haze I was in for part of race. No matter the results it still was a good workout and another way to prep for Philly. This week we also have our traveling meeting and all that fun stuff. The one part that I’m not looking forward to is when I have to drop off my bike. Early next week we have to give up our trusty steeds so that they can be shipped out for the race. Now I know that this is just part of racing in a different city, but I still don’t like it. 1) I don’t like the idea of just sending off something of mine that was somewhat expensive. Pretty much bikes should be allowed in the seat next to you. 2) I don’t like that I’m not going to have my bike for over a week. 3) I’m just a little paranoid.

So another busy week of training and race prep for the upcoming Philly tri. Doh, I need to get my pre-race mixes finished. I mean there are a lot of important things to do in the next two weeks. Congrats to everyone who was racing this weekend. I don’t think there were a ton of races, but Trimama and my TNT coach did the Liberty ½ Ironman and Nic had a relay race out at Tahoe. So congrats to IM, Trimama, Nic, and everyone who raced this past weekend.

Quote of the Day: I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but
I am bound to live up to what light I have. - Abraham Lincoln

3 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great quote, says the history teacher geek!

I am sooooo excited to race this weekend it's not even FUNNY! Have FUN in Philly and kick some butt!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

You're going to have such an awesome weekend! Good luck getting all the details taken care of.

5:39 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Sorry about the bike separation anxiety. That would make me crazy!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home