Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Track It

Here’s your chance to add a bit of excitement to your Sunday morning on June 25th. I mean how cool would it be to be doing your own thing and then suddenly get a text message or e-mail letting you know how well (hopefully) one of your blog buddies is doing during a race? I mean pretty much that’s right up there with sliced bread if you ask me. Ok, enough of the exaggerations but there is a pretty sweet system that will be available for the Philadelphia Triathlon that I will be competing in on the 25th. So if you are so inclined or just really really bored click on the link below and register. I’ll be wearing number 1982. The only catch is that you have to register before the day of the race. So basically you should all go register immediately. :)

http://triathlons.accenture.com/Philadelphia/


Speaking of tracks I’m putting together my pre-race mixes for Philly. Yes I said mixes because I think I’m going to do two this year. The pre-pre-race mix will be a slower/moody time to focus type mix. The pre-race mix will be upbeat, let’s get amped to do this selection of songs. I have a number of songs that I have in mind but nothing is set in stone yet. So the question that I have for you is what song or songs do you absolutely positively have to listen to before you race? Thanks for the help…

4 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

I love tracking people at races. it makes me really excited to get out there and race, and makes you feel like you're contributing toward cheering for someone from miles away. But you'll have to let us know what your hopeful splits are so we can mentally tell you to go faster or slow down.

for the pre-pre-race mix, I suggest anything by Zero 7. I listened to one of their albums on repeat on the train the entire way to Chicago before my first marathon, and it really kept me calm and relaxed. Air, Fiona Apple, Pete Yorn, and... well, hell, there are a bunch of others...

3:52 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

This is such an awesome tool! Now if only we could send you text messages so that when you're all done you'd find a million txts in your phone waiting to congratulate you! :D

4:50 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

That is pretty sweet! I second Habeela's idea.

Hmmm....songs that get me pumped up are "Lose Yourself" by Eminem and "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West...I also like Song 2 by Blur, Go by Pearl Jam, ah the list goes on and one! Those are my suggestions! :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Well, you've already seen my race mix. Pre-race? I think I just listen to my race mix... Maybe that also explains why I went out a little too fast a couple weeks ago?!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home