Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My liver hurts

So the long holiday weekend, today is my first work day of the week, kind of did me in. I really didn’t have the intentions of booze the entire weekend, but that’s kind of what happened. Here’s the rundown of the long weekend…

Friday night – stay in because the cable company is finally going to show up and fix TV/Internet problem. The problem being they disconnected everything when we canceled our phone service the week before.

Saturday morning – group ride with the TNT crew. We rode the Lifetime Fitness Tri course which was fun.

Saturday afternoon – Helped a friend move out of his apartment. I’ve never seen a guy in this 20s have so much stuff.

Saturday evening – BBQ, drinks, hot tub and Risk. Risk while under the influence can be quite entertaining.

Sunday – Headed to the river for a day out on the water. Plenty of sun and beverages followed.

Monday – Wake up at 7, did some chores then headed to the pool. (Have no idea why I was up so early without an alarm or anything.) Ground out a 1,500 meter time trial in prep for Lifetime. Then it’s back to the river for more fun. Once again many beverages, plenty of sun, some volleyball and good times goofing around in the water.

Tuesday – Head out for a training ride and feel like ass. Hmmm…I guess that’s what happens when a person who doesn’t drink a lot, spends the previous days under the influence. Then it was off to a BBQ for the 4th. Lots of good food, company, pool/hot tub, and no booze. My liver couldn’t take anymore so I laid off the liquor yesterday.

I hope you all had a great holiday. Man it feels like a Monday. Take care…

Quote of the Day: No pressure, no diamonds. - Mary Case

P.S. I swear I’ll get caught up on the 100+ posts you all have queued up in my bloglines…

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

I think I have officially turned into a beer and/or a bratwurst, myself.

It doesn't feel as good as it felt back in college...

Cheers to vegetables and water!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home