Thursday, July 06, 2006

I heart my team

There have been a couple of instances over the last couple of weeks that have made me stop and really appreciate my team. The first stems from the mentor/leader cap I put on from time to time. After an open water swim last week I noticed that two of the ladies were gearing up for a run. I’m like going for a run are we? And they were like yep and then one added “I guess you’re starting to rub off on us.” We laughed and it really made my day. It’s great to see members of the team going beyond the group workout by tacking on an additional workout after the group is done. It’s makes me smile when I see someone new to the sport really put forth the effort and dedication to do the best they possibly can.

The second major happening was courtesy of neighbor and fellow TNTer Kim. Unknown to me until the other night Kim is actually arranging a cheering squad for the Pigman ½ Ironman in Aug. Somehow she’s convinced people from the team to drive down to IA and cheer on SafetyBob and myself. This is freaking huge and was such a surprise. I’m sure I’ll say it may more times, but this is pretty incredible Kim and you have my deepest thanks!

Last night was a moderate run with the TNT crew. The team kept up a nice pace to finish the 6.5 mile run. My run ended up being a little bit longer with all the catch-ups I did to make sure we were all on the right path and we weren’t missing anyone. My legs felt pretty strong and responded well after the long weekend with no running. Tonight we have a mock race, but I’ll probably just do the swim and maybe a bit of the bike. I decided to do a little sprint race this weekend in prep for Lifetime. Since I didn’t get to swim in Philly I wanted to put it all together in an actual race before next weekend. So I’ll take it somewhat easy tonight with the sprint only a couple of days away. There are a large number of TNT peeps doing the sprint this weekend so it should be a lot of fun.

Well that’s about all that I’ve got, but before I’m done below are a few more pictures from Philly. Kim’s parents were at the race and took some nice pics. I’ll put up the link once Shadoweyes puts them in a gallery for public viewing. Have a good one…

Quote of the Day: We are faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations. - Hildersam





3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Congrats on Philly even though it turned out that there wasn't swimming. Looks like you and your team had a great time. Awesome on your own cheering section for Pigman!

5:39 PM  
Blogger KT said...

I am so happy for you and the team! Go you guys!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Walchka!! Good luck with the 1/2 Ironman--I'll be cheering for you from here. :-)

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home