Thursday, July 13, 2006

Waiting Game

Sometimes the taper goes by quickly and sometimes it doesn’t. This time around it seems to be dragging its heels. Sure there is plenty to do before the race on Saturday, but time seems to be just creeping along. Hence I don’t have a ton to blog about today. I’m sure tomorrow I’ll be wired beyond reason which may lead to a long drawn out piece or another short number because I can’t sit still for more then two seconds. So on the list of things that I can control. Here’s how it’s going…

Hydration – Lots of fluids in and lots of fluids out. So fluid circulation is in working order and I found out I’m not a big fan of Lime Rain Gatorade. RideTide Rush is still my fav.

Carbo loading – Pasta last night, Pasta party tonight. I think I’m good in that area.

Sleep – Ha, this one has never been in my control. The last night was better then how the week started. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Sorry folks, but that’s about all I have today. Tapering just messes with everything; No hard workouts, body feels like mush, and the brain just decides to turn off.

Have a good one everybody…

Quote of the Day: Failure to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden

3 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

the Lime Rain gatorade is seriously sick. I'm with you on that.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

mike, go grab em by the gonads! kick some ass!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Best of luck tomorrow!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home