Tuesday, August 01, 2006

All That’s Happening

Well there has been a multitude of things going on since my last post, which was like a decade ago. So here’s a recap of what has be going on around these parts over the last few days.

Friday was a very busy day. If work wasn’t enough I was off to the pool afterwards to get in swim to start the weekend. Shadow eyes was back in town for a wedding. Apparently he thought that people missed him, besides his sister Kim, so of course he had to invite people over for a BBQ. There was a good turn out to see the unkempt, full-bearded Shadow eyes. (The kid needs a hair cut) The food from Van Hanson’s Meat Market was excellent as always. As a bonus Shadow eyes got to participate in his favorite pastime which is having political sided conversations where he does most of the talking. (He kind of likes to hear his own voice…ok loves to hear his own voice) Overall it was a good time and I was able to catch up with people I haven’t seen in a while.

Saturday started off way to early with a long brick scheduled. It was early to beat the looming heat wave. I was hoping to ride about 40 miles and then run for about an hour. Let’s just say that didn’t happen quite as plan. Tire flats prevented this from happening. At the end I had to go MacGyver style and wedge in a dollar bill between the tube and where it was rubbing an exposed spoke hole because the rim tape had pulled away. This caused an error in judgment as I went for a longer run and hit the wall 9 miles into the run. You know you are not in good shape when you are forced to walk and then have trouble walking because your body is completely out of fuel and it’s affecting your brain. Yeah not good, but eventually I made it back to my car and loaded up with water and sports beans to bring up the low sugar levels.

After a shower and nap it was off to a family reunion around the area where my dad grew up. Now normally there is nothing wrong with camping with the fam and seeing the extended family. The issue this past weekend was the high 90s and humidity that Mother Nature served up for us. I beat the heat by actually sleeping at my dad’s place. I was in no mood to be out in a tent or cabin in that heat. There was a very good showing with about 70 family members showing up. Yes I come from a large family.

I returned to the cities Sunday evening where it was much cooler in my car them my apartment. I cranked the AC and ended up sleeping on my couch because the AC unit is only good enough for cooling off the living room and not the entire apartment. I can’t say I accomplished much and just vegged and recovered from the exhausting weekend.

A couple of other random bites…

Trisaratops is a freaking rock start with choosing to raise money for the LLS in her pursuit of Iroman Wisconsin. Click here to donate!

I decided to take on task of coaching out Disney Tri team. I’m going to be getting some help from the outgoing coach so that I can still have my weekend for my own training til Pigman is over. I get to meet the team tonight at our swim workout. I’m kind of nervous. Yikes. Hehe

The Kahuna had an entertaining post/comments about human anatomy today. (I mean anytime things from Seinfeld make in into a blog it usually is entertaining.)

Finally I will get to the zillion of posts that you all have made since Friday. I think I was caught up for about a week or two and now I’m behind again.

Have a good one…

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, congratulations on taking on the team! good luck!

and i am duly impressed by using a dollar bill to fix the tire. yes, very impressed.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hey, thanks for the plug! :) Sounds like fun to be the TNT coach--you will do a great job! Stay cool in this freaking heat....somehow I need to do a 2:30 ride today and instead I find myself reading blogs in my AC! Must. Get. On. Bike...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Margot said...

Shadoweyes dear, when women start telling you that you look better with loads of hair hiding your face and head in general that's generally not something you want to broadcast. :-) Get a haircut already!!

Walchka, I'm ready for your experienced training tips on...how to buy a bike. (I've got the running shoes & swimsuit already.) And I concur with S. that you should wear Disney gear--maybe big Mickey Mouse ears--for the event.

--Margot

9:36 AM  
Blogger Habeela said...

If it makes you feel better I too have entered the world of being constantly behind on checking blogs. Congrats on the coaching job. Sounds like fun.

5:29 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

shadoweyes likes to hear his own voice? I never would have guessed that... :)

congrats on the decision to coach! it's great that they'll help you out so you can still concentrate on your own race too.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home