Monday, July 24, 2006

Victory Party

This weekend was full of comings and goings. I spent Friday night back in my hometown for the wedding of an old friend of mine. It was a really nice wedding, but things just took a long time. The wedding itself wasn’t too bad, but it did almost last an hour. Then the receiving line took another 45 minutes at least. Now normally I would have been ok with all this, but I was by myself and really didn’t know anyone besides the bride and her family. So we’ve had a long wedding and receiving line and then people make their way to the reception. Given that this is a Friday night so things are getting late and the meal was served sometime after 9:00. As much as I wanted to stay til for all the festivities I bailed soon after the meal. I met up with a friend at a local bar and for a couple of drinks before calling it a night. Now don’t get me wrong it was a very nice wedding and I’m glad I went, but I’m not so sure about the whole Friday night wedding thing.

After arriving back in the Twin Cities the next day it was time to gear up for the highlight of the weekend. Saturday night was the TNT Liftetime Victory party. The event was held at a German bar/restaurant call Gasthof’s. This is a great bar with a wide range of German beers and food. Gasthof’s is also known for its Polka dancing. There is always a live band playing on the weekends til they break out the real dance music later in the evening. There was a very good showing and it was great to see a lot of the team members. The night proceeded to include a ton of food and drink, a picture slideshow from the year and more dancing then you could shake a stick at. One of the funniest things was when I arrived a few of the teammates were already working on a boot of beer. That is 2 liters glass of beer. (shaped like a boot of course) The fun lasted very late for the ½ dozen of us who stayed til almost closing time. After dropping everyone off at their perspective homes it was about 3 when I finally called it a night. What a great way to cap of the season.

Sunday came all too quickly with a phone call at 8:00 AM from a friend I was suppose to have breakfast with. My body was still very tired and achy from all the dancing the night before. Yes I did manage quite a few polkas the night before. It’s kind of what happens when one of the few guys who knew what to do. Not that it’s hard or anything. If you can hop you can polka. Anyway I managed a quick shower before having a nice breakfast. Afterwards it was back to bed though. I was still zonked from the night before and needed more rest. Needless to say I didn’t accomplish much the rest of the day. As much as I have been sore in the past from training a night out dancing brings in a whole new set of soreness. I’m such a wimp…

Here are a few pictures from the party on Saturday. I hope you all had a good weekend!

Quote of the Day: It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

3 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

wait... you POLKA? seriously? ooooh... I have got to see this...

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

helloooo...hidden talent much????

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and i went to a brutal wedding-and i was the maid of honor. i knew almost no one there (and barely saw my friend b/c, ya know, she was getting married), one of the other bridesmaids did my hair and i looked DISGUSTING, b/c i was single i got sat with the other single people-all HS kids-and the wedding was DRY...with the exception of me who was the only one drinking. hey, i needed SOMETHING to take the edge off. so if i can be less than enthused about a wedding i was IN, you can CERTAINLY be less than enthused about that wedding without guilt :)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home