Thursday, August 03, 2006

Another Addition

On Tuesday night my family grew when my sister-in-law gave birth to a baby boy. Ethan (middle name unknown yet) was born around 10:30 PM weighing in at 6 pounds and 15 ounces. By all accounts mother and baby are doing well. Hopefully my brother will send me pictures that I can post in the near future. It will probably be awhile before I see the babe in person because my brother lives in Tacoma, WA. Anyhoo the clan keeps on growing.

Last night we had perfect weather for biking. Finally after the heat wave and two days of storms Mother Nature was very kind to folks around here. A group of us met up at a LBS for their Wed. night rides. We cruised around for 27 miles just taking in the nice weather. I can’t really call it a hard ride given our pace at times, but that’s ok. Sometimes ya just need to go out and ride.

This morning it was up at 5:00 to get in a run before work. Apparently my body was pissed off at me for some reason this morning. Not two seconds after my alarm went off did my left calf cease up in an excruciating painful cramp. I mean I haven’t locked up like that in a long time. Of course the seconds that go by feels like hours when all you want to do is scream out loud in pain. I’m sure my neighbors would have appreciated that. Neighbor Kim joined me on the early morning run. There were a lot of people out this morning as we went out and back on the 7 mile route. We started out a bit slow as our bodies woke/warmed up, but we picked things up on the way back to negative split the second half. It was a nice run and the cooler weather made me want to keep on going and blow off work for the day. Yeah no such luck of that happening. I mean who doesn’t love working for the man?

Quote of the Day: The successful man is one who had the chance and took it. - Roger Babson

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmi said...

You forgot to mention how absolutely wonderful I did doggin your heals nearly the entire time, speedy-pants! Thanks for kicking my rear today. Congrats on the new addition to the 100+ family.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats to your sister-in-law! I can't see to see the pictures of the newborn.

Have a great weekend. Looks like it should be a gorgeous one out there!

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home