Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Another First

Last night I did something new to try and get this new year of training and racing off on a good start. Wait for it, wait for it, ok it’s really not big at all but last night I went to my first real yoga class. I already knew that my flexibility is ruinously bad, but last night proved it even more. Overall it was good class and I enjoyed it, but I knew I was in ruff shape when the instructor kept on having to pull my hips back during downward dog. I couldn’t even get this rest position right. hehe Anyway I’m glad we went and hopefully things will improve over the 10 week session.

A couple of you made points/questions about the ages in the lifeguard class. Luckily I am not the oldest one in the glass, but close. The other TNT coach is actually a few years older then me so she gets the title of oldest in the class. We are the elderly states-people in the class totaling seven. The ages for the class go like this…

2: 15
2: 16
1: In College
2: 27+

So yeah we feel a little bit old with regards to the rest of the class. Nonetheless they are all really nice and fun to work with so the age difference hasn’t really mattered.

Ok that’s all I got. Take care…

4 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Yoga comes well recommended by people that I know and respect. I'll be interested in how this works out for you

2:44 PM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I totally don't buy the line about downward dog being a rest pose (what my instructors have always said too). Even when I was doing yoga regularly, that pose was always hard for me, but that might be because my shoulders couldn't handle it... But I did notice a difference in my overall flexibility when I was doing it regularly, so it's good stuff.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

michael, you're it, i tagged you on my blog!!!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Spandex King said...

I didn't know they let old people in those classes. Lol


Sorry, could not resist that one ya old fart!!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home