Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year, but just another day…

Another year has been written in the annuals of time, but realistically it’s just another day. I’ve never been real big on New Year’s resolutions. Maybe I’m still bitter from having to write resolutions every year as a child. As the years passed I came to the conclusion that change can happen at anytime. It shouldn’t take the beginning of a new year to make things happen. If the new year helps make those changes then I’m all for it, but in the end it comes down to individuals making the effort to change something in their lives. For instance this morning I packed up my gym bag in order to hit the pool tonight. Yes it’s the first workout of the New Year and the start of my base, but in the end it’s just another day in the life of a triathlete.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

You had to write out resolutions every year as a child? I can just envision the six-year old resolutions: "I resolve to not hit my sister." (at least that would have been mine - note that she deserved it, as most younger siblings do :-))

7:57 AM  
Blogger Spandex King said...

I agree with you. People who make them fail in most cases and then give up and wait for next year. I go with more short term goals that build to long term goals. That way set back are just short term. Good Luck!!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home