Wednesday, December 20, 2006

#1 gift to me, from me (and the bank)

As I alluded to yesterday, this past weekend I made the biggest purchase of my life. After months of procrastinating and looking I finally found what I was looking for. So here is my #1 Christmas present to myself…

My new ride!!

Now I’m pretty psyched about having a vehicle that is relatively new. I’ve never owned a vehicle that wasn’t close to, or over the 100,000 mile mark so having one that has less then 50,000 is super sweet. I’m not one to get all hyper about things like cars but I’m really excited to have a new ride. It’s not the best or the fanciest, it’s just new to me which is all I really need. I’ve always been a car guy so it will take a little getting use to having a SUV, even if it’s a small one. I figured that it was time to get a little bigger vehicle that will allow me to haul around all the gear that I’ve been collecting over the last couple of years.

So there you have it, the biggest Christmas present that I could come up with and it’s a doozie this year. Who wants a ride?

Apparently only Mouse and MinnesotaDon bought themselves things for Christmas this year. So to everyone else, who has read my last couple of posts, Go buy yourself something! :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Good for you Mike. You outdid yourself with this one :-)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I think I like your personal Santa better than mine :-)

I bought myself a new rain jacket and watch. Mainly because I am now addicted to this site called www.steepandcheap.com, which sells outdoor gear one item at a time at like 75% off. I keep saying "I am keeping an eye out for a gift for my sister!" and then buy myself stuff... Sigh, I am going to be so broke!

2:52 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

WOW! How cool. I bought myself something...but I can not reveal it until Saturday's blog entry. :D

6:22 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Does "getting used to the SUV" include parking? ;) Just kidding. What a great present!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

SWWEEET!!! Merry Christmas!!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH!!! It's beautiful!! Congratulations. This totally kicks the butt of my gift to myself-a trainer!! This is way way cooler! Yeah!!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

That is HOT! I got compression tights (skins) a bike jersey and a new swimsuit.. Something for each discipline :-)

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm just stopping by to say happy holidays Mike!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget those look-at-me jeepsters...You've joined the ranks of the truly cool -- the CR-V owners!!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home