Friday, December 01, 2006

California Dreaming

In a matter of hours I will be on flight head west to the great state of CA. It’s been a few years since I’ve been to the Golden State and I’m looking forward to going back. The main purpose of the trip is to get certified as a TNT triathlon coach. I’m a little nervous about this since I’m kind of in my off season and I’m not in the best shape right now to be going to a two day clinic involving lots of workouts and coaching fundamentals. It doesn’t help that the head coach for the program is Dave Scott “six-time Ironman World Champion and the first inductee into the Ironman Hall of Fame.” Holy crap peoples…Now you couldn’t ask for a better guy to learn from but his is huge! So I can’t say that I slept the best last night knowing what this weekend is going to involve.

Another highlight of the trip will be meeting up with the ubber fabulous Nic! She’s going to show me around SF and let me in on why it is “one of the best cities ever.” (Nic didn’t say that, but my guess is that she’d agree and I felt like something needed to be in quote)

Have a great weekend folks and I’ll catch up with you all on Monday. Cross your fingers that Dave Scott doesn’t kick my ass and says I’m ok to coach for TNT.

Later…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soak up that sun while it lasts! :)

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, enjoy the weather while you can because you will get a dose of reality when you come back. **sigh**

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great to meet you, Walchka! It's a shame we didn't have more time. Because it would have been AWESOME to kick your butt on a run! Haha, just kidding. You totally would have kicked MY butt. Hopefully the next time we meet up we'll be picking up race numbers!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home