Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Not back yet

This past Sunday I went out on my second run since the marathon and things did not go well. The run was short, maybe four miles and I didn’t make it half way before my body was pissed. My knees felt like someone was drilling a hole through the middle of them the remainder of the run. I was like “what the heck, come on” things shouldn’t be this hard, but apparently they are. So my second run in almost of month went just about as poorly as the first. It seems really weird to have only run twice in almost a month. I can’t remember the last time I took so much time off in between runs. I guess that means that I’ll just have to spend more time in the pool, but this not running thing is starting to get old. I need to run peoples!

I did make it back into the pool last night. Things left better then the last time around so that is encouraging. If I didn’t have a raging headache I might have actually had a decent swim. Oh well so it goes. I’ll be back to the pool tomorrow. Can’t wait, really I’m so excited to go freeze my ass off in the pool. Really I am…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, you are better off than me right now. I have not seriously run over 3 weeks. I tried a week ago, which ended up in disaster. :(

BTW, isn't the pool heated when you go in?

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your body was pissed. I loved that line. Mine often feels that way. It's not me that's pissed, it's my body. Gosh I love that.

I can't wait till the next time I get home from a hard run and my wife says "tough run'? I can say "yea, my body was pissed and didn't want to run.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh I know how you feel with the not running! And I love the "my body was pissed"- that's exactly how it feels!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home