Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Weekend in CA

From Saturday morning til Sunday evening, just about every hour of my weekend was scheduled in. Most of my weekend was spent in a conference room at the very nice Renaissance Club Sport in Walnut Creek, CA. The amenities were very nice, but I didn’t have time to use all the health club/spa facilities as I was there for TNT coaching certification clinic. As I mentioned before Dave Scott is the TNT head coach and was conducting the weekend and I have to say that he’s a really nice guy and a great coach. For all is fame is seemed very humble and actually somewhat camera shy. He came with a ton of information and great stories to boot. Most of our time was in the classroom with the exception of a running, bike fitting, swimming, stretching/strengthening activities session. We had a group of about 30 coaches and it was great clinic. It was really good to get to know some other coaches and hear about their programs.

Now being that I was in the SF area it would have travesty if I didn’t meet up with the Nic of Phase Five. After my clinic ended I headed into SF to meet Nic. One thing about SF, or at least the area where Nic lives, there is like zero parking. I spent about 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot and ended up 6 or 7 blocks away from her place. So we both set off from our locations and met at a Starbucks. First if you’ve read Nic’s blog you know what a great and wickedly cool person she is and meeting her was like the icing on the cake. She showed me around the area and we had a really good dinner at a little Italian joint. I have to say that I’m jealous that you can eat outdoors all year round in SF. We finished things off with some gelato and stroll down by the bay. I was only able to visit for a couple of hours but it was nice to see a little bit of SF while I was there.

After saying good-bye to Nic it was back to the airport to drop off the rental car and wait for my flight. I was taking the red-eye back which didn’t leave til 12:30 AM so I had a bit of wait. Finally after a flight full of cat naps I was back in chilly MN by 6:00 AM on Monday morning after one full, but great weekend in CA.


Coaching crew with Dave hiding in the back

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wicked cool? THANKS! That's hella awesome to hear. Glad you had such a great trip. It was great to meet you.

Now that you're ready to be a coach, I think you should get started on devising my triathlon training program. I'll volunteer to be your first pupil. :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

way jealous you got to meet Nic.

and, um, is that guy wearing a Michigan shirt? sweet!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very good time in CA.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Sounds like FUN! More pics please!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home