Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Picking up Steam

After returning from Cali on Monday I had a TNT meeting that night. The meeting was actually for the mentors, but the coaches were there to talk about expectations and other odds and ends. The other triathlon coach wasn’t going to be there so I went to the meeting to talk with our new crew of mentors. We have a good crew of mentors coming in, many were first timers last year, and it was good to see them again. After the staff was done with their portion of meeting I got up to address my mentors. I’m not the more gracious public speaker, outside of actual coaching and leading workouts, but I stumbled through my notes trying not to show my bit nervousness. You see I knew almost everyone in the room really well, but it’s different when I have to put on the coaches game face and tell them how things are going to be. Anyway it’s all a little strange, but I’m sure I’ll get use to it.

What’s exciting is that things are starting to get pick up momentum towards the upcoming season. Our informational meetings start next month, which again I have to speak at, blah and in less then 2 months we’ll be kicking off the 2007 season. Our goal is to have over 200 triathletes. Holy crap that’s a lot of people to coach, I guess I’m going to be very busy next year.

Total different topic…Have to folk tried the Airborne cold tablets? I just found out about these things on my way home from Cali. I was sitting at the bar when a lady asked for a glass of water and drops a tablet into it start fizzing. I didn’t think much of it until another person came by and did the same thing. I asked the 2nd lady what it was and she showed me the Airborne package. She’s was like these things are great. Now the cold and flu bugs have been going around lately. Ms. R even came down with one last night so I ran to the store and picked up some of these tablets. I’m going on the offensive to hopefully avoid getting sick, at least for now. I’ll let you know if they work at all, but it would be great to hear what other people things about these things.

That’s all from the brisk north where currently we are just trying to stay warm. Tonight it will be in the single digits. Oh well bring it on Old Man Winter, let’s see what you got! (P.S. could you please send some snow with these cold temps...Thanks OMW)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
You can't imagine how appreciative I am of the work you're doing with TNT. Thank you.
Don

12:53 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

I use airborne tablets every time I feel like i'm getting sick. if you use them early enough, I think they really help!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey coach-

I am so freakin excited for your next coaching gig!!!! Love it!!!

-Audrey-

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, I LOVE airborne tablet. They are a GOD-send during this icky season.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I've never used the airborne, but heard good things...I use Emergen-C almost every other day or so during this time of year. It's a fizzy packet you put in water....the Raspberry and Tangerine are great! So far, so good, despite many sneezing 16 year olds.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I've never tried the airborne tablets... I did get a flu shot, though..ha.

Sounds like you've got an exciting year coming up!! I'm sure you'll do great, and all your athletes will love you for what you're helping them accomplish!

10:56 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

You are going to have so much fun coaching for TNT!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home