Saturday, December 30, 2006

First Freak Out

The other day I had my first Ironman freak out. It was bound to happen at some point but I didn’t expect it so early. Of course leave it to my subconscious to get a head start of things. The episode occurred in a dream the other night. The main subject matter of the dream was that I was in the transition area trying to get organized and I was missing half my stuff. The majority of the dream was me freaking out about where my stuff was and running back and forth trying to locate everything. Another weird part was that we were using repair stands to mount our bikes which was pretty funny when I look back at it.

During the course of the next year leading up to IM Wisconsin I’m sure these episodes will come and go. It’s kind of funny that they’ve started already. I think it is part of me wanting to be training full time again. I miss the schedules and the routines. I miss my team and coaching. I want to have my schedules laid out so I can see where I’m going. I’m just ready for the off season to be over with. I just want to the season to start again.

Oh well it will come soon enough and then I’m sure I’ll be complaining about it. Funny how you miss things like training and then once you are doing it you are oh yeah that what it’s like and you want a break. That’s just the nature of the beast. Come on Fido we’ve got work to do.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

You're a true athlete, Mike. Can't wait to get back into it. Good for you.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Sascha said...

I had a nightmare a few months ago that I was DOING an Ironman and it was more like an obstacle course than a triathlon. It must have been Wisconsin/Florida sympathy dreams because I'm not crazy enough to sign up for one myself.

You will rock it for sure.

12:02 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Hang in there. I had those moments too and I am only a marathoner. Which TNT triathon group are training from MN?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

My nightmares for CdA started a couple months ago. They're terrible! But since we go through the worst case scenerio in our dreams, maybe that makes us more prepared for the real thing...

Jodi

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home