Friday, January 05, 2007

Don’t Let Them Drown

Last night I finally made it to the pool. It was pretty busy, but it slowed down after the first wave of people started filing out. It had been awhile since I was in the in water but things felt ok. I consider this a good thing with having to spend the next two days at lifeguard training. (and next weekend too, blah!) The longest part of my workout was a 500 had I’ll have to do as part of the lifeguarding test. I wanted to make sure I can still swim that far. I don’t think I’ve swam that far in one shot since the half IM. It wasn’t blazing fast by any means, but I think I should be ok for the test.

Tonight it will be poker with the fellas. Unfortunately there will be no drinking or a real late night for me. It just wouldn’t be the best thing before the clinic and I’m sure I’ll catch the usual flack when I bail early. It’s to be expected but all in jest. Maybe I can win a bunch early and run away will all there money. hehe

I hope you all have a great weekend. Mine will consist of sleeping, eating, and trying not to let people drown. We’ll see how that last one goes. Take care…

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, someone just asked what i was doing tonight and i said: mmm, how can i make "nothing" sound cooler?

i have homework and non-hungover working out to take care of :)

have fun!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

You gotta know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em.

Speaking of which, have you ever been to www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com ?

Seriously. Go now.

6:17 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Have fun, Mike.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Don said...

Hope your lifeguard training goes well.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Habeela said...

At least you're doing lifeguarding during the off-season. I had to do the 500 yd test the day after my very first triathlon. One week intensive lifeguarding test during the recovery week from a triathlon - yeah...that was fun! :) Enjoy those deep water spinals!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Walchka, you were made to be a lifeguard! You'll be fine. Think of all the 16 year olds who do it!

On a side note, I have gone swimming TWICE now this year. Yesterday I swam a mile. I still smell like chlorine, too...

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home