Monday, January 15, 2007

A Salute

This is a salute to all the boys and girls, men and women who dawn the red and take up posts at your local swimming pool or beach. These brave souls risk their lives to support a safe environment for our water recreational pastimes. They challenge even the sun and end up with bronze bodies that even a regular to a tanning salon would be jealous of. These super people with their rescue tubes and whistles are setting the standard for young people everywhere. I feel so fortunate that I might be included in the ranks of such great people. So here is to all that those who take up the watch and say “you will not drown on my watch” and “walk don’t run please.” We couldn’t do it without you!



In all seriousness I found out how hard a lifeguard’s job can be and they shouldn’t be short changed by any means. Over the weekend I completed the final two days of the lifeguard class. After completing both the written and skills test on Sunday I am a certified lifeguard. Not that I plan to join the profession anytime soon, but I’m finally finished. woohoo Now with all the coaching red tape taken care of I can just focus on coaching which is super sweet.

Thank for all the well wishes last week. I spent all day Thursday and Friday in bed which really sucked. Things were at least making a turn for the better by the time Saturday rolled around. I wasn’t 100% but well enough to go sit in on the CPR portion of the class which was almost a total repeat of the class I took in November so fun times. Things are about back to normal now since I was taken off my feet last week.

Tonight it’s back to yoga which should be fun. We’ll see how many times the instructor corrects my position this time. Afterwards I have to go write my speech for our TNT information meetings which start this week. At least they are short, under 5 minutes, cause I’m just not a big fan of public speaking. I think I have to speak at 3 or 4 meetings over the next couple of weeks. So I have that to look forward to. :P

Anyway that’s about all I have. Oh and you would have thought that after spending two days in bed I would be all caught up on your blogs well thing again. So as usual I’ll be playing catch up this week. Take care…

2 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

Congratulations!!!! This is very cool and very useful. Are you going to get a red swimsuit!?!?!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Can I hire you to save me on those occasions where I flip turn and get a mouth and nose full of water and pop up gasping?

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home