Wednesday, May 16, 2007

James…Michael James

I am a big enough dork that I did use the above phrase a couple of times at the James Bond Adult Prom on Saturday night. Hopefully I can shorten up a few groans by stating that I only said it 3 or 4 times and most of those were to Ms. R. Overall it was a really fun event and hopefully it raised a lot money for the LLS. People really got dressed up for the event and SafetyBob even pulled off the white jacket tux as the best James Bond look of the night. There was also the orange tux from Dumb & Dumber that was quite entertaining. They even had a photo guy to take your picture as if it was a real prom and a live band to top things off. Two honored patients were crowned the Prom King and Queen. There was a little height difference since the queen was maybe four years old, but even she was decked out in a gold dress with matching shoes.

Toward the end of the night they announced the silence auction winners which earlier caused a scramble as bidders tried to out bid each other. After which they called off the winning raffle ticket for the raffle and guess who won? Woohoo! my number was called. I was lucky because no one claimed the first number. After Steve introduced me I heard from the crowd, “I read his blog.” A few minutes later I got to meet the awesome IronJenny. We talked for a bit and it was a great way to end the event.

After the event our crew went on to a local bar to listen to more live music before calling it a night. All in all it was a great night and a highlight of the weekend.

Rocking the cummerbund James Bond style

2 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Awwwwww! So cute!

Dude, I totally watch the Bond-a-thons whenever they're on TNT. Or is that TBS? I can't remember. Whatever it is, it kicks ass.

7:36 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Looking good, Mike!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home