Monday, March 19, 2007

Mazatlan

Mazatlan

Several months still remain in my journey toward Ironman Wisconsin. There are many unknowns that will have to be tackled and resolved, but one this is taken care of. The post Ironman vacation had been planned and booked. If all goes well, six days after completing my first Ironman (knocking on wood right this instant) we’ll be off to Mazatlan. My travels have never taken me to Mexico so I’m really looking forward to going. I can’t think of a better way to get away from everything to heal and rest up after the race them by heading south of the border. If anyone has been there and has any “must do/see” please let me know.

Overall it was a nice weekend up here. There were lots of crazy people out and about with St. Patty’s Day in St. Paul. To add to things the WCHA (college hockey) had their league tourney going on as well. To cap things off the U of M won in overtime on one of the most ridiculous goals I’ve ever seen. Take a look! And another! It was a great game to watch and made staying in soooo worth it. In other sports there was a lot of BB to watch. So far I’ve faired well in my bracket, but didn’t get any love from our border buddy Wisconsin. Oh well someone had to be the first #1 to get knocked out.

Oh and I’m totally working on your 350+ post I have to read. You all have been busy busy bees.

Talk to you later…

2 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

The post-Ironman trip sounds great. I really wish I could have watched the WCHA games this weekend. :( Happy post-St. Patty's Day!

GO TEAM!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I am still weeping that my beloved Cornell didn't even make it onto the bracket this year - the last time I saw them play was two years ago in the NCAA tourney against U of M up in Minneapolis. There's nothing quite like being an obnoxious hockey fan when you are outnumbered 10 to 1 :-)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home