Friday, March 09, 2007

Totally Unexpected MIA

Well it’s been a long long time since I posted which is totally my bad. Things have been busier then ever with something new coming up every time I turn around. I’ve been somewhat successful is ramping up my training the last week or so. Since the beginning of the year I’ve been struggling with my training. There have been a multitude of reason but one of the biggest and one I didn’t see coming was what happens when your hobby becomes your job.

Certain situations with coaching have been quite difficult and stressful. Most of it is has do to communication issues, personality differences, and the shear amount of work behind the scenes that takes place in order to provide for a team of 130+. Without getting into details the frustration that was building and the amount of energy and emotion that was going into my coaching job was having a huge effect on me and my training. I was lost for motivation and had no energy to go train myself when I was constantly left with this bitterness after coaching or even thinking about anything related to training. Which it addition kept me away from my blog and yours. Hopefully the actions that are being taken to correct some of issues will work and things will be changed for the better. If they don’t I don’t know what is going to happen.

The whole situation really caught me off guard. It kind of has turned into that too much of a good thing situation. I heart the sport, the tri community, the LLS cause, and coaching, but doing all at once may turn out to be a little ill fitted for me. I hope it doesn’t, but over the last few weeks it hasn’t been looking good. Thankfully the support crew has been amazing and has helped to keep things afloat when they were sinking fast. Hopefully resolution is just around the corner.

On a totally unrelated and silly note I’ve added a new table to my sidebar. In conjunction with stepping up the training I’ve tried to give my health an additional boost. For the month of March and possibly longer I’ve given up one of my favorite foods, chips. They serve no nutritional purpose and are totally empty calories, but they taste soooo good. So chips are off the menu for awhile. Things like crackers and pretzels are still ok for now. I mean I have to have something to snack on. hehe

So my apologies for the sudden drop in posts. I’m going to try and be better about posting regularly during the week and I’ll hopefully get through the zillion posts that I have to read very shortly.

Take care…

5 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Mike, we forgive. I hope the coaching gets better for you. Hang in there!!

5:12 PM  
Blogger TriShannon said...

I hope things settle down and you find a good balance. Remember that you need to take care of yourself!

Good luck with the training and not eating chips!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Isn't is something like it takes a month to create a good habit or break a bad one? So maybe you won't even want chips after March :-) I gave up my credit card for Lent - I hope that I can break that habit!

Well, good luck dealing with tri overload!

5:29 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

It seems "politics" always gets in the way of a good thing. Hope you get some resolution!

I've avoided the chip for a few months now. It isn't so hard once you've been away for awhile!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can you still have Tostitos? I just ditched mine b/c they had a powerful pull on me :) Good luck with everything!!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home