Friday, February 02, 2007

Shutout Again

Ok so apparently I’ve really pissed off Poseidon because last night was another bust on the swimming front. I went to the new gym last night to finally get a swim in. Of course I get there and there is a sign on the pool door saying it’s closed and they are sorry for any inconvenience. Are you kidding? What is it going to take for me to get into the water? Anyway I wasn’t too happy to find that out and I didn’t have any other workout clothes with me, so it was back home again with no workout to speak of. I was temped to run when I got home but with the thermometer reading 1°F. I decided that it might not be the best idea. It was already dark and the temp would be falling. I’ll put off getting frostbite for another day.

Tomorrow is the kickoff to our TNT summer season. I’ll looking forward to the kickoff and meeting the new team. Plus it will be fun to see those who are returning, but that I haven’t seen since the summer. Beyond the kick off and hopefully a workout or two it should be a pretty laid back weekend. This is exactly how I’d prefer my last “free” weekend be. After this weekend the season will be on and there will be no sleeping in on Saturday mornings for at least the next 6-9 months. Man I’m going to miss sleeping in.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Hi - thanks for stopping by my blog -- I've actually lurked on yours via Trimama's (I think) a time or two...
I could create a pillow for you in TNT colors... with the M-dot on the other side.... Seeing how much you already give to LLS, I'd do yours without requiring that you donate to Micki's site!
Jenny
Thanks for supporting such a great cause.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Mike - I'm going to go for a run outside now. I was just complaining that at 50 degrees it was getting EFFING COLD out. It's a tough life out here... :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

That sucks, Mike. I hope you get your pool workout later this weekend.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

For the last two years, my body has been programmed to get up early on Saturday mornings. I can't even help it now! At least there are sundays for sleeping in!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Oh I hate it when I get all ready to swim and then it's closed!! That really sucks. Best of luck with your training - you're going to do great!

6:57 PM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

You know if you were really a Minnesotoan you would have just cut a hole in the ice and stroked it out. :-) See you at Calhoun Saturday?

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home