Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Breaks

Last night after work the plan was to run some errands and then head to the pool. The errands included signing up for a new gym membership. I need a new place to swim since the pool I swim at a lot is being shut down for months while they put in new pool. The new pool will be really sweet, but this was not good timing for me. Anyway after filling all the paper work and getting my membership card I was all set. Now this new gym has many locations, but not all have pools so I wasn’t able to just swim there. Even though I’m running a little late I head over to the university to use their nice aquatic facility. I finally get there, get changed and I’m sitting at edge of the pool wetting my goggles when something falls out of my hands. I look down to see that my goggles are now in two pieces. WTF! The nosepiece of my goggles had ripped it two. Noooooooooooooooo Are you kidding me? What? Why? Come on give me a break! Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I knew that I didn’t have a spare with me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr So I stood up and went back to the locker room to change back into my clothes. I stomped back to my car and went home. I couldn’t believe it after all the time running around and then being good and going to swim even if I couldn’t be there that long and then my goggles break. Just so wrong!

Ok my rant is over. I guess I’ll keep trying on this whole swim thing cause for whatever reason something comes up whenever I make the effort to get in the water. I must have pissed off Poseidon or something…



4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

You should have just swum without your goggles and told all those people you swim into that you are just practicing for the murky deeps of Lake Mendota!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had a d@mn goggles incident last month. I did a lot more kick than usual ...

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get rid of those crappy TYR goggles anyway. Poseidon did you a favor. Stick with Speedo for all your swimming needs.

-Rocko

9:19 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

i just saw your comment on Nic's blog about mile swims in the mid-20s to mid-30s. i was wondering the same thing myself. so thx!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home