Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Timber

This is how you could have described my yoga experience last night. We did a lot of balance poses which kicked my butt. My balance has lots of room for improvement and I defiantly felt the weakness is my knees and ankles thanks to all those old soccer injuries. The instructor only came over once to offer a modification to one of the poses as it was clear that I wasn’t really flexible enough to pull it off.

Beyond the benefits of increase flexibility and balance I’m really like that this yoga class provides that quite/meditation/reflection time. With as busy as life, work, training, and coaching is going to get in the coming months it is going to become more and more important to have that down time. Having a class where the only noises are light music and the sounds of people breathing qualifies as some quality quite time.

So the lesson which we have all heard a thousand times and I’ll stated it again; as busy as we get running around a hundred miles an hour 24/7, we can only do it for so long before we crash. Working in those necessary down times and breaks will reap huge benefits is all aspects of life. (Yes I can provide wine to go along with that cheese…hehe)

Now I’m off to go convince people to join TNT. Later folks….

6 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

My old yoga teacher suggested doing things like brushing your teeth while standing on one leg to help with the balance stuff. If you are that bad though, I would not suggest shaving :-)

3:45 PM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

I keep telling myself to try yoga-it will only be in the privacy of my own home with the shades pulled.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Walchka! It's only fair that if I'm jumping onto the Tri Bandwagon, that you're jumping onto the Yoga Bandwagon. You'll be ready for Bikram in NO TIME! ;)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Don said...

I've heard nothing but good about yoga. Maybe someday. You go, Mr Mike!

11:34 AM  
Blogger TriShannon said...

I hear you on the lack of flexibility to pull off some of the poses. I keep going in efforts to improve and enjoy the time to relax and shut out everything else for an hour.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I just got the Iron Yoga dvd. The classes at the gym don't seem to fit my schedule very well, but I do like going to them. Keep it up, you'll better!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home