Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Round 2

Starting this afternoon another snow storm is rolling into the area. Between now and Friday night we should end up with at least another foot if not more. Some reports are saying up to 20 inches but I’m sure we won’t get close to that. Not that I wouldn’t mind if we did. It might be a little on the late side but I’ll take the snow anytime.

The last two nights I’ve ended up as a big sweaty heap. (get your minds out of the gutter) First off was yoga which as usual kicked my butt. Usually it’s a good workout but on Monday night I was actually dripping as I was trying to hold some of the balancing positions. I was holding a pose and all of a sudden I hear this drip, drip, drip as the sweat is rolling off my head and hitting my mat. Ok Judy (instructor) you got me, I’m working out, can we stop now? For the love…

Then last night was our team cycle night. I led two spin sessions and was beat afterwards. I went armed with a new mix and workout and the team kicked some butt and pushed through the hard workout. The best part was each person had a partner and they would switch off sprinting through “I’m the Scatman.” (one of the best songs ever…hehe) When they weren’t sprinting they were cheering their partner on. It’s amazing how much easier something seems when you have your own personal cheerleader right next to you.

Tonight the team will be back in the pool well that is if the snow doesn’t keep us off the roads. Train on…

QOTD: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

6 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

I'm a believer in the group workouts. It been so long since I worked out with a group and now that I have recently-yeah, muchos better. Carry on! (And can we have some of your snow?? This is SO WEIRD. Why bother living in New England??)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

We have a blizzard warning! How fun is that!

And yoga sweat is the reason I bought my own mat :-)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Hey Mike! It hailed in SF on Monday. That is as close as we ever get to snow. But it was cool! Hope all is well.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love the switching sprints idea!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My husband will be glad to know that he's not the only one dripping sweat on the yoga mats. Great blog.

11:45 AM  
Blogger walchka said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home