Monday, February 05, 2007

3 Items

For those who don’t live in the Midwest we are currently suffering from some rather cold temperatures. For the past few days, yes I did say days, it has not warmed up to even 0 °F. So needless to say we are in a bit of a frosty weather pattern. They are saying that temps should reach above zero sometime tomorrow. It that’s the case it will be a freaking heat wave around these parts.

This past Saturday we had our TNT Kick-off party. Overall it went really well and we had a good turnout. We also had a good number of people join that day which is always nice. We’re still are hoping to recruit a few more people before the end of February. I think we will have a great tri team this year. We seem to have a good mix of ages and abilities. This will challenge us as coaches, but usually leads to a closer knit team. I also had an unexpected blogger meet-up when Firefly showed up to support the summer teams.

Finally when Sunday rolled around I had one goal and that was to get in the water. Thankfully I had Ms. R and another friend who both wanted to swim. The three of us made the trip over to the university center to get some pool time in. It wasn’t always “long and strong” as my friends Rocko, a former colligate swimmer, says your stroke should be, but we managed a decent swim. I was just relieved to get in the water after my issues last week. Next time I’ll just take Trimama’s advice and go cut a whole in the ice when the pools are not available.

That’s in from the frosty North…

4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Yay on finally getting in the pool!

I have had to abandon my general philosophy of "Do not leave the house if the temps are below zero." Even as a grad student, I do occassionally need to go to my office :-)

At least it is snowing again!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Taconite Boy said...

Good luck with the ice hole swimming. I've heard it's cold from someone....

6:46 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

It was SO awesome to meet you, Mike, on Saturday. I hope you get yourself in the pool. I would NEVER go that despirate and cut a hole in the ice. NO WAY!

7:30 PM  
Blogger TriShannon said...

Yay for making it to the pool and not having to resort to ice swimming.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home