Wednesday, August 15, 2007

25 Days...

5 work weeks, approximately 600 hours. Anyway you look at it I’ve got less then a month before the big day. A day that seemed so far in the future only a short time ago is knocking at my door. There will always be the desire to change how some things turned out over the last six months as far as training is concerned, but that’s really not an option. The only option I have is to use the little time I have left to the best of my abilities.

Without the ability to stop or go back in time, I can only strive to put my best in every minute and hour of training I can muster before the race. Though it is limited I must take the time to rest and mentally prepare for the longest day I may ever know. In that preparation I must fully come to terms with being ok with what I couldn’t accomplish. I must be able to let go of the “what ifs” and “if I onlys” If I am to succeed in Madison there can be no room for these debilitating negative thoughts/attitudes.

I have 25 days to put the final pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together…

2 Comments:

Blogger Taconite Boy said...

25 days of collecting thoughts/attitudes that will push through every challenge to become Ironmen.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

The "if I onlys" always get me. See you out there.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home