Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Chill

The cool fall weather has set in over the upper Midwest and with comes Ironman Wisconsin. I can’t imagine what state our fearless Iron Wil, TriSaraTops, and Chris are in at this very moment. Hopefully they are close to sleep in prep for putting themselves to the ultimate test tomorrow.

I viewed the transition area this evening when I got into Madison. I was brought to a standstill as I approached the finish line that workers were putting up. A block away I made my way to the Monona Terrace where transition will take placed. I looked down at the thousands of bikes all waiting to be picked up and handed off to their owners when they’ve finished with the swim. I just stood there stared out over the mass of bikes.

So much will unfold tomorrow for thousands of people as they test themselves verses the 140.6 mile course. I’m anxious for all the racers and can’t wait for it all to start. I’m really looking forward to being apart of this huge event. Even more exciting will be to see our own favorite bloggers kick some major booty tomorrow.

They are calling for a bit of rain tomorrow so send all your dry vibes to Madison, Wisconsin. Everyone will really appreciate it! Take care and stay tuned for the aftermath of Ironman Wisconsin.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

I feel like a slacker watching here at home with all you guys out there on the course working for the athletes. I'll have to change that next year ;)

7:42 AM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

Hey it was fun meeting you! We looked for you at signup, tell me you made it in.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

SOOOOOOOOO good to meet you!!! It was awesome having you at the finish line. Can't wait to hear about your journey.

See you Oct. in Chi-town! :)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kimmi said...

Gave up did ya?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Where is Walchka.........??????

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home