Monday, September 04, 2006

Reintroductions

Over the last few days I’ve been reintroduced to a few old friends. On Thursday it went sometime like this.

Mike I’d like you to meet Speed-work, Speed-work this is Mike.

Me: Ah yes we first met a couple of years ago.

Speed-work: Yes where you have been?

Me: Well I’ve been a little busy and I tried this new sport out.

Anyway Thursday morning I dragged a couple of teammates to a local track at the ass crack of dawn to do some speed-work. Now it was a pretty light workout because we onl did 4X400, but it was a good little workout to get back into thick of things. This week will be the all fun Yassos as I gear up for Chicago.

My other reintroduction was with the old long distance run on the weekend or on a Monday with the holiday. I know for some 14 miles isn’t that much, but it’s been a long time since I’ve ran over ten. I headed out to the Lakes in Minneapolis to run with the flocks of people who were making the rounds. We’ve had rain the last couple of days so people came out in droves. My legs left pretty good til the last 3 miles or so when they started to get a little heavy. I still managed a pretty good pace and finished off the 14 miles is just under 2 hours for a 8:35 /mil pace. I may have been running a bit too fast and I’m sure I’ll be slowing down a bit as a crank up the mileage over the next few weeks. I’ll have to jump a couple of miles each week, but it should put in a good stop to get the 20 miler in before we ship off to Chi-Town.

I’m sorry the video that I posted last week was a little short at the end and cut me off in mid sentence. There was however a few people who got it right and I’ll be sending out your browning points. I did say “No” in the first part and at the end I was trying to say “It’s gonna suck.” So congrats to those who guessed right, or close enough, to earn your brownie points…

1 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Way to go!! It's been awhile since I have been outside for a run instead of the eliptical machine. I can not wait to go out soon.

BTW, I LOVED the comment on Mouse's blog about the good ol' Gophers. **grin**

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home