Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Will Bonk 4 Cake

Get your mind out of the gutters people. :) This is just the phrase Kim had written on a Dairy Queen ice cream cake that we took over to teammate Bridget’s house on Monday. I agreed with Kim that an ice cream cake was very suitable giving the weekend Bridget had after Turtleman. Bridget was looking her cheery normal self. The only downer is that she can’t workout for 2 weeks, doctor’s orders. I’d go crazy if I had to take 2 weeks off.

Speaking of crazy I think I’ve caught of bit of that bug too. The nerves are starting to sink in with Pigman only a few days away. A couple of sleepless nights are always the first warning signs for me. The extra energy from tapering usually leaves me somewhat restless at night. That and drinking too much water on Monday and having to get up at 4:00 AM because of it. So I’m doing my best to push out anything triathlon related when I’m not doing a workout or coaching. Pretty much an impossible task but I’m trying. It’s pretty sad but I’m getting close to the point where I just want it over and done with. This will probably go on til the end of work tomorrow when I start to put everything together for the trip down to Iowa. So til then it will be a holding pattern of nerves and anxiety for another day or so. Well I should say for this stage of nerves and anxiety.

Tonight I have my last real run before the race. I’m looking forward to just a nice easy run around the lakes in Minneapolis. It won’t be too fast or too slow. Just a run where your real purpose it to simply enjoy a warm summer evening.

Quote of the Day: All the wonders you seek are within yourself. - Thomas Brown

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I can honestly imagine how nervous you must be (moments ago I was literally thinking about how nervous I am going to be for my 'thon in 3 months!) after all of your training. I have no great advice. I can't believe it's so soon! How exciting!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sascha said...

You'll totally rock the tri! I'm looking forward to reading your triumphant race report about how you conquered all of Iowa.

12:34 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

crazy? who's crazy? certainly not me... :)

you'll be fine for the race. just relax and enjoy it. you've done all the hard work, the race this weekend is the reward.

2:03 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Can't wait to hear about Pigman! Rock it!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

mmmm DQ ice cream cake, wish i had some right now. Good luck at the Tri this weekend.
Mike 1 Pigman 0.

6:48 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Good luck at the Pigman!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hope the Pigman went well today, Mike.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home