Wednesday, September 27, 2006

One Sided

Ever since my ½ Ironman my training has been fairly one sided; run, run, and more running. Now this whole marathon business has left me in a bit of a catch-22. The good side is that all I have to do is run. I don’t have to find time to get on my bike or back in the pool. The rub is that all this running is taking its toll on the bod. It’s seriously pissed and I don’t think that’s going to change til after Chicago. I guess I’m not helping thing by basically ignoring the cross-training that I should be doing. After wrapping up my tri season I just haven’t had the motivation to keep up the other activities. I know that the variety of tri training is great and it’s partially why I like the sport so much. You could look at it as we might be a little spoiled in that aspect. Even though its time consuming and frustrating at times, triathlon training in itself provides some of the needed variety that other endurance training doesn’t explicitly provide. For the next month or so things will probably remain pretty much one sided, but it will be nice once I find the missing two legs of my stool. I’ll track them down eventually, but for now one is all I got…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I have not swam in a month and have not rode my bike much at all. Daylight is short and I'm not that pumped up for anything right now. So, running is the quick easy do anywhere anytime exercise. Good Luck.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the funny..i wrote the same post today about how i'm mad at my marathon b/c it's sucking the life out all other athletic activities...

1:22 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Thanks for the warning - this will be me in a year.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home