Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Final Taper

In less then a week I will wrap up my final race for the 2006 season. Oh there might be a 5K here or there, but for big races this is it; Chicago the last big hurdle in a long season. To be honest I’m looking forward to a little break. Yes I will continue to train to retain my base, but I’m looking forward to being a bit lazy. I think 10 months out of the year is plenty of time to devote to my training and the sports I heart. All that’s left is this “little” 26.2 mile run. On Sunday I finished off my last long run before the race. It’s weird how 10 miles just doesn’t seem that long anymore. I’ll be singing a different tune after the break. Anyway just a couple more short runs this week before I pack up and head down to Chi-town. There should be a good crew from blog land on hand which will make it a lot of fun. I know Mouse and TriSaraTops will be in the crowd with Nic, Elizabeth, and several others running. I’m starting to get psyched for this race. Would it hurry up and get here all ready? GOSH!

3 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hella pumped! I am so excited to get out there! Drop me a line at saraziemnik@earthlink.net if you want to try and meet up somehow. I know it will be busy though, and like a few million peeps. But who knows?

Is that a Napoleon reference? If so, your mom goes to college.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I second TriSaraTops use of HELLA! I'm getting excited. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked forward to the offseason but now that its hear I feel like a ship without a rudder. I'm still staying fit but no focus. I missed the sign up for I-Moo, thinking about Lousville or Florida.

Of course I'm going to be taking my bike off some sweet jumps now that i have all this free time.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home