Thursday, October 05, 2006

Relaxed

I think this is the best way to describe my marathon training. After Pigman back in August I just haven’t have the motivation and rigor that I normally put into my preparation for a race. Now this may come back to bite me, but I think I’ll be alright. The one area that being relaxed about that I know is affecting me is my nutrition. This is something I usually watch very carefully when I’m training, but I just haven’t. I’ve been eating out too much, having a few too many cocktails. So it’s time to crack the whip. After this weekend, cause I’m going to visit my little bro and we may have a bit to drink while I’m there, its back to a good diet and non or very little booze til the marathon. I mean if I can’t pull it together for two weeks then I have no business training and racing in the first place. You hear from time to time of people flushing their systems before a doctors appointment, there was a great Cosby Show episode about it, but I’m flushing my system before a 26.2 mile race. Hmmm…maybe I should have thought about this earlier.

Take care folks…

1 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

You know what the problem is? Because I'm having it too. Everyone else's race season is OVER! I've been to three parties in the last week. Sersly! Cake and pie and torte and wine! And it's only October. And my race is next Saturday.

So everyone's ready to party but us. And it's hard to be good when everyone else is having so much fun bein' bad.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home