Monday, October 09, 2006

Preferred Start II

When I returned from my weekend up north I found a very nice surprise waiting for me. In the mail was my confirmation notice for the Chicago Marathon. Included was my starting position which read Preferred Start II. This means that I qualified to start in the first 10,000 racers. Now that might not seem like a huge deal to be 1 of 10,000, but when look at the big picture I’m pumped to be starting before 30,000 other races. This is a freaking huge race. 40,000 racers! This will defiantly be the biggest race as far as number as I’ll probably ever be apart of. Get ready Chi-town, 40,000 runners are coming to stomp all over you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool!!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

That is some serious validation of just how much of a speed demon you really are! Awesome!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Yahoo! That rocks. If you find out your bib # let me know! I'm heading up to cheer on my buddy Jaclyn who's doing her first--will probably run with her a bit! I think she might break 4! She's a rock star. :) I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for ya...hey, if I found you on a bus in Madison at 4:45am, who knows?

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home