Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Make Up Your Mind

This is all I’m asking of Mother Nature in terms of Sunday’s weather in Chicago. The weather reports have been flaky as always with some saying rain and others not. Now on a normal day the weather comes and goes, but when it comes to race day I want a fortuneteller. Is this too much to ask? I mean with all the technology this world has produced it’s still a crap shoot when it comes to predicting the weather. So like the thousands of others who will be racing on Sunday I’ve been rolling over the combos that might help keep me comfortable and as dry as possible should the heavens open up Sunday. There just a few when you list the many options; shorts, pants, short-sleeve shirt, long-sleeve shirt, vest, jacket, visor, hat, sunglasses, gloves, and maybe some arm warmers. So much for a light packing trip. All I know is that it’s not going to get above 50 which I’m ok with it. Bring it on Chi-town!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

So I just realized that living in San Francisco means never having to think about the weather, for one of two reasons - 1) It's guaranteed to be nice outside, or 2) It's guaranteed to be every weather type possible outside. (LOVE microclimates.) I think I am going to opt for tights and longsleeves that I can push up if necessary. Let me know if you feel the urge to color coordinate our gear. :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

holy crap! I just remembered your bad luck with weather this year. YOU ARE THE REASON THE WEATHER AT IM WI WAS SO BAD! I'm positive of it!

remind me to pack snowpants. we'll probably have a blizzard. you just bring the bad weather with you wherever you go...

5:54 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Well, if I'm there, maybe I'll "cancel out" the crappy ass IMW weather since you apparantly brought it.

Which by the way, now I know who to blame. :) ha ha!

Learn from my mistakes: BRING FREAKING EVERYTHING YOU OWN and decide that morning.

Don't be like me, who left tights, warm waterproof coat, et. al. at home, because "it's supposed to be warm." (dumbass me!)

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flakes and FIBs, like what else would you expect. Good Luck. I agree with Trisaratops, pack it just in case. I like to plan for every weather option just in case.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Rice said...

good luck with that.. I never seem to have any..

cheers.

Rice.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home